I found this recipe on Pinterest! (http://pinterest.com/pin/54746951693234100/)
So lately, whenever I get to see my bestfriend, we often talk food. We talk about food so we much we have a bucket list to eat at every restaurant in her college’s town before she graduates next year. Something we have recently discussed is her choice to become a vegetarian, and what kind of things she makes to eat. I am by no means vegan or vegetarian, but I do like to cook, and I do want to give my friends something to eat other than apple sauce when they are over. So the last time she came into town, we were talking about what she has been eating, and a couple vegan things she’s tried and liked, and I decided to give something a try.
Right now it’s about 9,000 Degrees in my town. So what better way to cool off than popsicles!
Vegan Raw Fruit Popsicles
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 1 cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
1. Whisk together 1 can of Coconut Milk and 1/4 cup Agave Nectar.
2. Place several large blueberries in the bottom of your Popsicle molds. Spoon in the milk mixture.
3. Once the blueberries are covered by the milk mixture, add in chopped pieces of strawberries, and continue to fill with milk mixture until strawberries are covered.
4. Repeat until your molds are filled.
5. Chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
These were…awesome! I was kind of nervous at first, I’m usually not a big fan of anything coconut, but I rather enjoyed these. Every once in a while it’s nice to try something out of your comfort zone–especially when it comes to food.
Enjoy, and as always, follow me on Pinterest!
- 30 Homemade Popsicle Recipes to Keep You Cool this Summer (inhabitat.com)
- Common Foods in Popular Raw Vegan Diets (vegetarian.answers.com)
- 12 very cool homemade popsicle recipes (holykaw.alltop.com)
- The Greatist Table: 5 Healthy Popsicle Recipes from Around the Web (greatist.com)