I found the original recipe on Pinterest! (http://pinterest.com/pin/54746951693148732/)
I’ve been looking for a good breakfast recipe for a while now. I, normally, am awful at making eggs. It might be due to the lack of liking to egg variations– like Sunny Side Up for instance. So when I came across this, I decided to mix things up, and instead of Over Easy, I went for Omelets.
Ultimate Bell Pepper Ring Molds For Omelets:
(Makes 6 Rings)
- 2 Whole Bell Peppers
- 3 White Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Bits
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, heating the pan on medium.
2. Wash and remove the seeds from your Bell Peppers.
3. Cut Bell Peppers into 1/2 inch rings.
4. Begin warming Bell Peppers in the pan, and start dicing your Roma Tomato.
5. Place diced Tomato into the Bell Pepper rings.
6. Combine 3 eggs, 1 Tablespoon of Milk, Bacon Bits, and Chopped Spinach.
7. Spoon egg mixture into the rings.
8. Cook on Medium until the bottom of the rings and eggs are cooked. Flip eggs over and apply Mozzarella Cheese on top.
9. When cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked, remove and serve!
I really enjoyed these. I did have a little trouble with some of the egg running out, but it was easily fixed by removing it with a spatula. We also served them over toast with a side of fruit. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your day right?
Enjoy, and as always, you can follow me on Pinterest!