I’ve had a problem with eating things out of the jar since I was little. Especially when it comes to icing and maraschino cherries. So I figured after eating half a jar of cherries, that I would make something with cherries. And so the search began. I found the recipe from Google Search, but I also found the pin for you pinners of Pinterest out there : (http://pinterest.com/pin/54746951693275680/)
Today’s Nest, the original blog I found this recipe from, had an icing recipe I ended up not having the ingredients for. So I opted out and went to Pinterest for an easy homemade vanilla icing recipe…oh it was so bad. I spent 20 minutes stirring and adding to this awful icing, and nothing. Maybe it was just me, I don’t know. But here’s the pin for that as well: (http://pinterest.com/pin/54746951693275684/) I chose the second icing. It was just too buttery, too weird tasting. So I went to my cabinets and found a jar of hot fudge sauce. Okay, this will work right? Oh yes, and it is so delicious.
Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- 1 box of Cake Mix, or White Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup Maraschino Cherries
- 1/2 cup Cherry Syrup from the Jar
- 24 whole Maraschino Cherries
- 1 jar of Hot Fudge Topping
1. Preheat oven to temp directed on cake mix recipe or box recipe. (Usually 350 Degrees F)
2. Make batter according to package, except subtract 1/2 cup water for 1/2 cup Cherry Syrup.
3. Fold in Chopped Cherries.
4. Place in cupcake liners and bake until the tops are a light golden color. (For me, this was 15 minutes)
5. Allow to cool, and heat Fudge Topping in 30 second intervals until warm.
6. Pour a small amount on top of the cooled cupcakes, and top with a cherry.
These are hard to only eat one of. I also recommend putting these in a sealed container and keeping them in the fridge due to the topping and cherries need refrigerated after being opened. These are great as a Summer treat, or at Christmas (because they remind me of the chocolate covered cherries my family buys for Christmas Eve.)
Enjoy, and as always, follow me on Pinterest!
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherry Buttercream and Red Fondant (thecakecouture.wordpress.com)
- Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes! (justonemorexix.wordpress.com)
- chocolate cherry cupcakes (kupcakekity.wordpress.com)